class projects site

This site is intended as a meeting place where students can view videos, read case studies and discuss opinions before deciding on a writing piece for their portfolio

Rehtaeh Parsons Case

May9

This event was all over the media recently, and touched a lot of people because of the nature of the case as well as the fact that it took place here in the Maritimes.

Please watch the following videos and articles and simply respond to each one individually, then give your overall thoughts on the situation. Once you have finished, you should then respond to a couple of posts from other people.

1. http://glencanning.com/2013/04/10/rehtaeh-parsons-was-my-daughter/

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbwrmUBGm8k

4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sOXN_80ohM

4. Your overall thoughts on the entire situation

by posted under Uncategorized | 90 Comments »    
90 Comments to

“Rehtaeh Parsons Case”

1. May 10th, 2013 at 12:37 pm      Reply moniquemactransitions Says:

My heart broke every time I read another word this poor father wrote. This should never stand, someone should have helped this little girl. Honestly i had no idea any of this had happened until this morning and its sickening

• May 10th, 2013 at 12:44 pm      Reply emmamcinnistransitions Says:

i cant find words to replay on how i feel about this my heart melts inside me and brakes down into tiny little peices

• May 10th, 2013 at 12:46 pm      Reply transitionsmariahmartens Says:

My heart broke too. Someone should have helped her and she might even be still living right now if someone would have.

2. May 10th, 2013 at 12:38 pm      Reply emmamcinnistransitions Says:

1. As tears started to roll down my face i felt my heart brake into tiny little peices This is a story that makes my heart melt

3. May 10th, 2013 at 12:39 pm      Reply lydiagormleytransitions Says:

1. The love and compassion shown towards his daughter was beyond the normal. He careed deeply for Rehtaeh and even through this horrible thing had happened he still looked on the bright side of things. He knew that Rehtaeh had helped 4 people in the end, and that she will live on in memory. In this letter he defends his daughters case even though he doesn’t write the words you can see from his words the hurt he feels and he wont stand for unjustice.

4. May 10th, 2013 at 12:41 pm      Reply scotttransitions Says:

The saddest part of this whole thing is that it happens more often then you would think. The fact that police aren’t persuing any leads, blatant leads at that, is disgusting. If I were the father of that girl I would be unimaginably frustrated. What kind of world are we living in these days.

5. May 10th, 2013 at 12:41 pm      Reply moniquemactransitions Says:

Its is pathetic that the police did nothing until annoynomous threatened to release the names of the rapists, its also pretty rediculous that a single group of people can figure out the identities of the rapist, but the police can’t even find evidence. This girl was betrayed, not only by the rapists but by the police, and everyone else who just stood around while she cried out for help and justice.

• May 10th, 2013 at 12:53 pm      Reply naomitransitions Says:

agreed, but i dont believe that the police couldnt find any leads at all in the beggining, they just wernt bothering to let people know until it was brought to the surface by anon

• May 10th, 2013 at 1:00 pm      Reply moniquemactransitions Says:

There was pictures all over facebook, they bragged about it, there was plently of evidence, they were just too stupid to make a case with it

6. May 10th, 2013 at 12:41 pm      Reply transitionstashadicks Says:

1.) I think that this is story is very upseting to hear ,for someone not only to get raped but that no one got blamed for it and that it was so bad that it pushed her to the point that she thought taking her own life was the only way out . I find that if they were sending pictures around then i dont see what the problem is with the RCMP because i dont see what else you would need more then pictures on there facebook and her telling them it happened to prove it . Justice was not served here and i think if she is dead or not they should be charged

• May 10th, 2013 at 12:46 pm      Reply torileetransitions Says:

I agree with you! They need to be charged and need to take responsibility for what they did and be punished for what they did

7. May 10th, 2013 at 12:42 pm      Reply transitionsjamie Says:

1. This story is heartwrenching. It is truly the worst crime in the world when someone is taken advantage of, exploited and then is forced to suffer through it all. My thoughts go to the father and family in this time of terrible tragedy.

8. May 10th, 2013 at 12:42 pm      Reply transitionsmariahmartens Says:

This is a very sad case all I wanted to do was cry when I read it. I think that the cops should try harder to find out who did this to her. I didnt know that the girl was from Halifax.

• May 10th, 2013 at 12:59 pm      Reply lydiagormleytransitions Says:

I think the cops should be trying harder as well to find out who did this, I feel as though they just gave up on her.

9. May 10th, 2013 at 12:43 pm      Reply torileetransitions Says:

1) Iv’e never heard about this case until today and it is horrible. How can the people who did this live with themselves? And how could the police just do nothing when pictures were e-mailed around? I hope all police and people involved live with the guilt of being the cause of someone comitting suicide everyday of their lives.

2) I agree that the people who committed this crime need to be brought to justice, and if the police wont do anything about it someone has to. A young girl lost her life because of them, and brought termendious sadness to a lot of others (family, friend).

3) The drunk girl video was cute. He was very nice in the way he delt with her and it’s a good message about respect.

10. May 10th, 2013 at 12:43 pm      Reply moniquemactransitions Says:

I think that video was greatly needed, its such a simple video but it says so much. Why much people take advantage of the helpless, why can’t more people (not just men) be like this ?

• May 10th, 2013 at 12:54 pm      Reply emmamcinnistransitions Says:

This video should be showen more to people i also agree i wish all people like men were as kind as this young gentleman

• May 10th, 2013 at 12:57 pm      Reply lorindahittontransitions Says:

everyone should read about this in the maritimes! to know that it happens in our area and probably everyday sickens me
      !

• May 10th, 2013 at 1:05 pm      Reply emmamcinnistransitions Says:

agreed this sickens me to know that there are people out there that would do something like this why on earth would you want to do something like this to destroy a life of a person and their family .

• May 10th, 2013 at 1:07 pm      Reply alextransitionsclass Says:

People are selfish, it’s sad but its true, and the helpless are easier to take from. Let me be clear, I’m not saying that this is OKAY.

11. May 10th, 2013 at 12:45 pm      Reply jordanjewelltransitions Says:

1. Pretty touching story the father had, he cared a lot about his daughter. Good to see he looked at the bright side things in the awful situation.

• May 10th, 2013 at 1:00 pm      Reply emmamcinnistransitions Says:

well said i agree he turn his frown upside down and turned this tragic story into something happy . It is nice to see that she was loved greatly like much of us in this room are loved by the people around us

12. May 10th, 2013 at 12:46 pm      Reply logantransitions Says:

I feel bad for what happened to Rehtaeh and her family. It is terrible that anything like this would ever happen, but it does probably more then we think, and the fact that the police are not doing anything about it is unimaginable.

13. May 10th, 2013 at 12:47 pm      Reply chrisinmantransitions1 Says:

It doesnt really say what happened but it looks like a girl was raped and there were no repercussions against the offenders. Which is unacceptable women need to be treated with respect, they are our mothers, sisters, wives, girlfriends, and grandmothers.

14. May 10th, 2013 at 12:47 pm      Reply lydiagormleytransitions Says:

2. I think this group will help bring justice, and find the people who did this. This video may have been short but it held a powerful message, and lets the people out there know justice will prevail.

15. May 10th, 2013 at 12:49 pm      Reply torileetransitions Says:

My overall thoughts: The people who did this are decusting. The police are pathetic, and I can’t imagine how much the parents are going through, These people need to be punished for what they did.

• May 10th, 2013 at 12:53 pm      Reply lorindahittontransitions Says:

i agree tori! people need to focus on how it affects the person and their families, not just the rapists tho

16. May 10th, 2013 at 12:49 pm      Reply emmamcinnistransitions Says:

things like this can happen so quick its sad to see just how fast a life can change

17. May 10th, 2013 at 12:49 pm      Reply transitionsjamie Says:

2. This is a very important message that I believe should be shown to more people, simply to make aware that this kind of thing should not be tolerated, and that the people responsible will be held as such.

18. May 10th, 2013 at 12:49 pm      Reply lorindahittontransitions Says:

people are so disgusting. whatever made them think they could get away with this makes me sick. the fact that her family had to watch her suffer and couldn’t do anything to help, even being supportive and providing counselling, shows how much it affected her. if she couldnt get through this with her family, how can people do it alone? her father said so himself she was his rock, angel, never shouldve had this happen to her. they seen pictures, and she gave statements, she shouldve have had to wait, the court systems couldve done something to help, and they did nothing for her. the four boys that did this to her and bragged about it should end up in jail for at least the minimum amount of time that murders get, because isnt that what they did? they drove her to kill herself because she couldnt take the taunting and bullying. and her family has to sit there and wait to find out if anything happens to them, if at all because the apparently cant find some charges. guys should realize that if someones passed out, thats not an ok to violate them, they need to help them, not hurt them.

• May 10th, 2013 at 12:52 pm      Reply chrisinmantransitions1 Says:

I don’t think it should be generalized to guys only. Anyone should realize its not ok to violate someojne passed out.

• May 10th, 2013 at 12:54 pm      Reply lorindahittontransitions Says:

i shouldve have added girls too! your right its not just guys that could look out for people who are drunk and need it

• May 10th, 2013 at 1:02 pm      Reply justingarnhumtransitions Says:

I agree, either male or female, if someone is passed out from too much to drink just leave them. Help them out like the guy did in the video then walk away and check on them later or take them home so nothing will happen to them.

• May 10th, 2013 at 12:59 pm      Reply moniquemactransitions Says:

I could not agree with you more, this is s sickening thing to have hapnened and i could never imagine the amount of pain she went through of the pain her family went through and continue to go through. Those boys are absolutly pathetic and I hope they get everything that they deserve

19. May 10th, 2013 at 12:50 pm      Reply lydiagormleytransitions Says:

3. This video shows that everyone should be given respect.

20. May 10th, 2013 at 12:50 pm      Reply naomitransitions Says:

1. Rehtaeh will always be remembered as a caring young girl who had a big heart. The way her life ended was for reasons unjustifiable.

2. Thank god there are groups like anon that are here to bring justice when the police obviously are handicap.

3. Respect to a brotha who knows whats up.

4. Im interested to know what the resolution of all this will be. The men who did this need to be put to justice, we cant let people get away with crimes like this and its happening every single day.

21. May 10th, 2013 at 12:50 pm      Reply parkermaceacherntransitions Says:

1) there is no way to ever make those 4 so called “men” ever feel how they made rehtaeh feel in that one night, to send out pictures of it nd bost about what they did just shows you what kind of people they are. But to not only let rehtaeh down they let down the whole family and country down when they didnt charge the pigs that did this, you can see the love rehtaeh had around her so when someone you love that much is hurt like she was and then kicked by her own province while shes down is just disgusting. i dont know how we can make the court system wake up and realize that no matter how old you are sexual assault is sexual assault this isnt someone kissing someone on the playground in elementary school, this is something that can tear families, relationships, and self pride to the ground the instant that it happens. so i believe this case should be brought back up and truley looked at so some other inasant girl like rehtaeh isnt hurt like she was again.

• May 10th, 2013 at 12:56 pm      Reply transitionstashadicks Says:

I completley agree with this, its one thing if it was just a little kiss but its not a kiss its not a misunderstanding it was sexual assult and that should be a case that was never overlooked in the first place . Rehteah’s family should get at least the peace of the men that did this getting justice if they lost their daughter from what they did.

• May 10th, 2013 at 12:57 pm      Reply scotttransitions Says:

Speechless. You’re a blogging hero.

22. May 10th, 2013 at 12:50 pm      Reply logantransitions Says:

2.I never herd of this anonymous group before but i like what they do. Justice will be made.

23. May 10th, 2013 at 12:51 pm      Reply transitionstashadicks Says:

2.)I agree with him , i dont think other people should take justice into their own hands but what else are you suppose to do when the people that are suppose to protect you and get you justice if something happens doesnt do their job. I think they have every right to be mad and to want justice no matter how it happens.

24. May 10th, 2013 at 12:52 pm      Reply jordanjewelltransitions Says:

2. This questions over me head, i guess just find the guys that did it and punish them. Long enough that they learn there lesson and that the public learns from this to help prevent it from ever happening again.

• May 10th, 2013 at 12:55 pm      Reply 31640johntransitions Says:

JORDAN ! this kind of thing shouldnt be over our head you should be educated on the things that can happen when your out partying and the things that can happen after. but i do like how you think they should be punished

25. May 10th, 2013 at 12:52 pm      Reply 31640johntransitions Says:

this is a terrible story. hard to read but its good that the father is trying to stay positive during this rough time in his life. the video was good it wasnt to long but had a good message and he is right people will find out who did this>

26. May 10th, 2013 at 12:53 pm      Reply scotttransitions Says:

Obviously I’m not going to take advantage of a girl passed out on a couch, but he should have brought her some advil. Other then that, that guy deserves a high five.

• May 10th, 2013 at 1:05 pm      Reply logantransitions Says:

and some water nothing worse then waking up with a dry mouth and you don’t feel like moving

27. May 10th, 2013 at 12:55 pm      Reply chrisinmantransitions1 Says:

Anonymous should bring justice to the sick people who commited this crime. It shouldn’t be up to anonymous to bring police Canada, the canadian justice system is supposed to be there, this time they weren’t.

28. May 10th, 2013 at 12:57 pm      Reply transitionsryanduffy Says:

1.This is a terrible thing that happened; I can’t imagine what the father must be going through. Nobody should ever go through that, and I think we need to make changes in our justice system. There were pictures all over Facebook… how’s that not enough evidence..

2.I can’t believe this one guy could find 3 of the 4 names of the rapist. I think if the police won’t do anything to help or solve this crime then someone should. We have to stop this crime before someone else decides to assault another person..

3.I think this is how everybody should treat someone who is not able to take care of themselves.

4.Overall I think this is crazy how people can get away with assault a girl, and not even feel guilty about it. It just doesn’t make sense to me at all.

29. May 10th, 2013 at 12:57 pm      Reply desireemacdonaldtransitions Says:

1. My thoughts on this situation are that this situation is that these horrible people are so sick and messed up that they would choose to do that to a young girl, and send out pictures and videos to people. The people who watched the videos and looked at the pictures are sick as well, they should have reported it to the police as soon as they seen it as well as made sure it was removed from which ever site it was posted on. Law enforcement failed this poor girl and her family so incredibly bad, police officers are suppose to instill trust in their community as they are suppose to protect their community not ignore them and neglect to talk to victims. I think the officers and everyone involved in this case needs to seriously take a look at their life and think about if they are actually seriously about their job, because it seems to me that no one was if they neglected to talk to Rehtaeh about what happened, and they failed to put the sexual abusers in prison. These people should have been put away for life for committing such horrific acts, yet the failures and the lack of proffesionalism in the law enforcement in Nova Scotia failed to do their jobs. I really hope everyone involved in this case takes a good look at what they did and didnt do that made this poor girl more miserable than she already was, they should also consider their job and if they are truely serious about it. If people were serious about their job they would have taken the right actions to serve justice.

30. May 10th, 2013 at 12:58 pm      Reply justingarnhumtransitions Says:

1. The input from the father is pretty deep and touching. I have never seen a post like this on the internet before. I only ever hear of this kind of note when it’s at an event for the person(s). Not many people have the courage to post things like this on the internet, and it’s mostly because of lazy internet trolls that just bag on people and say bad things to make them feel worse… I read through some of the many comments that it got on the page. Never saw one bad thing. It’s all support, and thats how everyone should be on the internet, in reality, anywhere.

2. The annoymous video has a statement, but, it’s in a absolutley lazy, wastefull way… I know they are trying to do things for people but what that “group” or “legion” should do is ditch the stupid voice changer, rob, mask, effects and all that other stuff and make a plain faced video with your real voice. If you are attempting to do good, show yourself and get credit in doing something. If you are out to bad things like hack stuff, then you are wasting your time. Don’t hide behind a mask, just go outside and do something worth while.

3. The youtube video of the guy treating the girl right at first caught me off guard. From being on YouTube everyday you eventually get that stuff that is the creepy things and the title of the video mislead me and caused me to think for a second. When I did watch the video I though it was nice that this guy made this video. It’s kind of funny because it does mislead you in a way and he’s making it seem like he will do something to the girl but then ends up tdoing the right thing. Not many people will make a video like that. They may make one that leads that way but then its just a joke. I think a lt of people need to watch that video.

4. Overall, the case of Rateah is overwhelming becausse of what happened and of where it happened. I didn’t care too much about it when I heard of it but the fathers article give you a different side of things that the news reporters show you. I think more people need to read the fathers article.

31. May 10th, 2013 at 12:58 pm      Reply emma giddings Says:

1.) The post by Glen Canning filled me with grief. I can’t even come close to imagining how this man must feel. Reading his post causede my heart to sink to the bottom of my stomach, because the bond he and his daughter had was one I can very much relate to. He poured his love for her onto a page and i can do nothing but express my deepest sympathies.
    2.) These people need to get what they deserve, and they deserve everything that will come to them. This so called “justice system” isn’t going to do shit. They are too late, and it’s in the hands of other people now…people who won’t show any mercy. I think that this is completely right. Is it justice if the fate of these people is now in the hands of an “unruly mob”? Maybe not. But either way, something needs to be done.
    3.) It’s cute, simple, and to the point. Not much to say. It’s not anyones job to take complete care of anyone that got too wasted and passed out at a party or anything, but at the same time, that doesn’t mean it’s a free bang to post all over the internet. Like…….

32. May 10th, 2013 at 12:59 pm      Reply transitionsryanduffy Says:

1.This is a terrible thing that happened; I can’t imagine what the father must be going through. Nobody should ever go through that, and I think we need to make changes in our justice system. There were pictures all over Facebook… how’s that not enough evidence.

2.I can’t believe this one guy could find 3 of the 4 names of the rapist. I think if the police won’t do anything to help or solve this crime then someone should. We have to stop this crime before someone else decides to assault another person.

4.Overall I think this is crazy how people can get away with assaulting a girl, and not even feel guilty about it. It just doesn’t make sense to me at all.

• May 10th, 2013 at 1:03 pm      Reply lorindahittontransitions Says:

i agree ryan! i think the police should step up and do their job, and give retaeh the justice she needs

33. May 10th, 2013 at 12:59 pm      Reply logantransitions Says:

Its good that the guy made this video it has a positive message behind it this is how everyone should be treated passed out.

34. May 10th, 2013 at 12:59 pm      Reply lydiagormleytransitions Says:

4. This event is horrendous, no one should ever have to go through this kind of ordeal in their life, espesically at the young age of 17. I would like to see these assaulters should be brought to justice.

35. May 10th, 2013 at 1:00 pm      Reply chrisinmantransitions1 Says:

In the third video the guys is an allstar goodguy, people need to realize a girl is going to like you alot more if you take care of her instead of assaulting her.

• May 10th, 2013 at 1:07 pm      Reply timtransitions Says:

100% agree with you Chris, he did the right thing, and he didn’t take advantage. People need to smarten the hell up. Passed out drunk does not mean up for grabs

• May 10th, 2013 at 1:09 pm      Reply moniquemactransitions Says:

I couldnt agree more Chris, any girl will fall for you much faster if you just treat her properly and i bet it will be much better than her trying to fight you off. I cant even begin to imgamine what she went through, it’d be hard enough getting over being assaulted let alone being harrassed everyday because of it, she didnt do anything wrong ! Those people are complete idiots for bullying her and I hope they know this is just as much their fault.

36. May 10th, 2013 at 1:02 pm      Reply alextransitionsclass Says:

1. What happened to rehteah is unforgivable and what her family is going through is one of the worst things someone can go through.
    2. I hope that the justice minister of nova scotia will exact justice on the rapist and that if the anonymous video is real that they dont have to take action against them.
    3. I have no idea why the men/boys/whatever you want to call them did what they did but they chose the wrong course of action.
    4. It’s terrible that she killed herself. I can only imagine what goes on in someones mind that drives hem to take their own life.

37. May 10th, 2013 at 1:02 pm      Reply transitionsjamie Says:

3. At first I wasn’t sure how to feel about this video, but by the end, it is quick and effective and almost too easy and obvious not to do.

38. May 10th, 2013 at 1:02 pm      Reply logantransitions Says:

My overall thoughts are that what happened is terrible. The fact that the anonymous group will bring justice is good, but not good enough. The police need to look into these cases more. They could have save this girls life

• May 10th, 2013 at 1:11 pm      Reply parkermaceacherntransitions Says:

i agree its not good enough its a step towards progress but now its the courts turn to do what is right

39. May 10th, 2013 at 1:02 pm      Reply timtransitions Says:

1. That letter was probably the most heartbreaking, horrible thing i have ever read. What that father is going through is un-imaginable. And the things the daughter had to go through, no one should ever have to experience anything like that. This is a prime example on why the Canadian Justice system needs major reform.
    2. I believe that “Anonymous” is doing the right thing. If the justice system won’t help the family, than who will? I think that giving out the names of the rapists if justice is not served is the right thing to do. If they won’t do anything for this sweet, innocent little girl, than why the hell should we protect the four boys that did this to her? Honesty, these boys deserve anything and everything that comes their way. It makes me sick.
    3. When I first saw the name of this YouTube video I was a little shocked, but then while I watched it, I realized it wasn’t as bad as the title makes it sound. And as to what this man did in the video, is the right thing to do! Some people said this man has respect, decency, etc. but really, he is only doing what you are supposed to do! If you see a drunk girl on a couch, the first thing going through your mind shouldn’t be getting some, it should be, ‘Oh! She drank too much, better let her get some rest and sleep it off!’ Society has definitely taken a turn for the worst.
    4. This whole situation is horrible. First, she gets raped, but then as if it couldn’t get worse, no one believes her, she is horribly ridiculed, and then eventually it led to the death of a beautiful young girl. Problems like this need to be solved before they even start. Like many other people have said, you have the right to pass out on a couch drunk, without the fear of being assaulted by a group of boys. Stay classy Nova Scotia..

40. May 10th, 2013 at 1:04 pm      Reply transitionstashadicks Says:

3.) I think it is sweet that he took care of her , it was short and to the point

41. May 10th, 2013 at 1:04 pm      Reply parkermaceacherntransitions Says:

2) i think anonymous is speaking for everyone and i truly believe they are speaking the truth, i like how they said “if we can find them in 2 hours, other groups will be able to uncover who they are”, i love that because it shows if a group like that can find who 2 out of the 4 are, then the rcmp with emails and facebook posts can deffinetly find who these guys were. i think the province should seriously worry about what this group is saying because these people can easily bring the lives of those 4 men down pretty quick and itll fall back to the province for not giving the obvious jail sentence from the beginning.

• May 10th, 2013 at 1:10 pm      Reply desireemacdonaldtransitions Says:

You’re so right, this group seems to want justice, and wants it now. They seem to want to get these men more than any form of law enforcement does!

42. May 10th, 2013 at 1:04 pm      Reply chrisinmantransitions1 Says:

The whole situation is terrible, things need to be done to prevent this from happening and to bring stricter justice to those offenders.

43. May 10th, 2013 at 1:05 pm      Reply transitionstashadicks Says:

4.) my overall thought is that it makes me sick to think that people think this is alright i think that the police should be doing their job and that the men should be punished for that they did. It is not right what happened and by them not getting charged or anything it is basically telling them that what they did is right but its not it is 100% wrong and should no be something that would be looked over.

44. May 10th, 2013 at 1:05 pm      Reply parkermaceacherntransitions Says:

3) this video had potential to be bad, but instead the guy did what should always be done and looked after her, i think you should look after a girl no matter if shes drunk or not. so hats off to this guy

45. May 10th, 2013 at 1:07 pm      Reply transitionsjamie Says:

4. As an overall thought, this is disgraceful behaviour and can be so easily prevented that it’s stunning anyone could commit such horrific actions. It happens far too often and I plead for justice to be served. It’s ridiculous these people are able to be part of society. I’m sick of hearing about these kinds of cases, it pisses me off and I feel helpless and frustrated for the victim and her father.

46. May 10th, 2013 at 1:09 pm      Reply desireemacdonaldtransitions Says:

2. I think that this anonymous character had some really great opinions on how law enforcement handled this case. I believe that if a random people can make a video and put it on the internet stating law enforcements failures that it should seriously open up peoples eyes to how unfair this case was and how everyone wants justice except for the people who are suppose to be giving people the justice they deserve. This person hopefully made people more aware of the flaws of law enforcement and encouraged people to stand up against people such as these sexual abusers and to help the police to put them away, seeing as the officers involved in this case seem to not be able to do it themselves.

47. May 10th, 2013 at 1:10 pm      Reply parkermaceacherntransitions Says:

4) my overall thoughts on this issue is, that this kind of thing should not be happening epically with people at such a young age, im not saying its acceptable at any age. but when these guys and girls are out having fun they should not be having to worry about getting anything but something stupid drawn on their face, i feel that letting these guys go is showing other people that if you do it and brag about it thatll make it ok to do and youll get away with it

48. May 10th, 2013 at 1:10 pm      Reply desireemacdonaldtransitions Says:

3. I think that people should learn from this guy’s video. He handled the drunk girl in a respectful manner, he didnt take advantage of her like most guys might have in that situation.

49. May 10th, 2013 at 1:11 pm      Reply meghantransitions Says:

1) My overall thoughts on Rehtaeh’s father’s letter to the public are that it is very touching and sad to read. How her father told us about Rehtaeh, when she was younger was very hard. Knowing that she was such a caring person towards people and animals. She always tried to do the better thing. Knowing that such a wonderful person like her was raped and didn’t get the justice she deserved was hard enough but then to know that she was bullied for this is just over whelming. I feel terrible for her family and friends but mostly for her dad, losing his baby girl. No parent should go through the pain of losing their child and the pain to know that the police didn’t do everything they could to help them out.

2) My thoughts on the video of the Anonymous are that they have a good point. Justice needs to be served. Maybe the way they are going about it is wrong but they have the right intensions for the Parsons family. If people can’t trust the justice system of Nova Scotia then they will feel unsafe and go about taking justice in their own hands. There could have been plenty of ways to prevent this whole situation from occurring. But the police were unable to do so. If they Parsons Family heard about the Anonymous people this could have made them feel better know that there are people out there trying to do some type of justice for them, maybe just not the correct way.

3) I believe more people should take what this guy said and live buy it. There are ways to treat people and you should treat everyone not just girls with respect.

50. May 10th, 2013 at 6:38 pm      Reply joan6 Says:

Some really thoughtful comments here. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this case.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar